Pride of Longbridge - Co-ordinator needed.

Chat/discussion for Rover specific topics
No for sale adverts

Moderator: Moderators

Davva

Pride of Longbridge - Co-ordinator needed.

Post by Davva » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:20 am

To save any problems with the club having a stand at POL next year and having to squeeze onto another clubs pitch, would someone like to volunteer to co-ordinate our pitch this year ?

For newer members, Pride of Longbridge is the first big meet of the year for all cars built at the Longbridge plant and is held in the country park opposite the old factory on the Saturday closest to the day Rover closed, in mid April.

Basically we need to let Gemma Cartwright know how many Coupes are going to be there and do a bit of Marshalling of cars onto the pitch. So if we can get the Facebook and Forum posts running together we should get most of the Coupes into one place.

Before anyone says it's an Admin job, it's not and with the AGM coming up next month, the Admin team may change, so ideally some one who is active on the Facebook group and here would suit the job.

To the lucky volunteer, the club shop will donate a RCOC logo'd HiViz.

Don't all rush at once ;) .
Dave

1993 220 NASP
1972 MG Midget

kevinwillis
Coupe Super Poster

Re: Pride of Longbridge - Co-ordinator needed.

Post by kevinwillis » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:14 pm

I am happy to do this from the start this year rather than in the last week or two which did not work as well with us mixing in with 200/400. I see a solid front row of Coupes this year and enougher two or three. A second person would be needed to bring the convey in/or Marshall.

Davva

Post by Davva » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:09 pm

Great, thanks Kev, it shouldn't be a big job, just letting the POL people know how many of us are coming.

We can sort convoys nearer the time.
Dave

1993 220 NASP
1972 MG Midget

kevinwillis
Coupe Super Poster

Post by kevinwillis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:27 am

Contact has now been made with Gemma Cartwright so all is in hand as long as I remember to remind her to send use a form around the 20th of January 2018.

If I have not posted on here that I have done so buy the end off January could someone please remind me :lol:

Monster Hunter
Ultimate Post Whore

Post by Monster Hunter » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:36 pm

just tell here 30 coupes.. me and jody did the Marshalling four years ago and it took about 4hours
H
Last edited by Monster Hunter on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B S L F
2007 RINGER/Cadwell/Donnington/silverstone/
10k Poster....