Head count

Chat/discussion for Rover specific topics
No for sale adverts

Moderator: Moderators

kevinwillis
Coupe Super Poster

Head count

Post by kevinwillis » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:04 am

So many people just log in and read or read as a visitor and do not get round to registering.

Maybe this site is so good that you can find all the answers that you ever want without having to ask a single question/ Maybe you have nothing to say or no time at present to post.

I would be good to know How many people value this site.

So just say HI ( or more if you want) so we know you are hear.

You can also start a new thread about the coupe you own/ have owned in the past or would like to own in the future or put a post in the newbie section if you wish

1234dist
Coupe Super Poster

Re: Head count

Post by 1234dist » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:38 am

8)
Coupe Project K785OAT (abs fixing again :cool )
Rover Sport 220GTI m-series K56AEP
218 VVC Cabriolet R170FEU
220 GTI M-series J777RAL
75 2.0 CDT P80CJM
620 SLI P267LOM HONDA
420 GSI Turbo L191CVP
220 Coupe now barely a shell :rip

VVC-Geeza
Coupe Super Poster

Post by VVC-Geeza » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:26 pm

I have made this pont a few times over the years Kev.Lot's of interesting threads have 50+ views and perhaps one or two replies if we are lucky.If the thread title was interesting enough to make you click it,why not add a comment? :dontknow: The forum relies on people adding their views good ,bad or indifferent to stimulate debate.
The other one that I cannot understand is when 'most' Newbies take the trouble to introduce themselves never to be heard of again,or perhaps until something breaks.Get involved people even if it's only to upset everyone,LIKE ME. :lol:

ps.I notice guests are still viewing sections of the forum that I have to log in to access,something I raised a few weeks ago ;)

1234dist
Coupe Super Poster

Post by 1234dist » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:50 pm

With no one at the helm of the viking ship, it is inevitable that we will keep going round in circles, recycling old posts ect.

First fix, events co-ordinator
Second fix, represent like we used to
third fix, turn up if you said you were going.

equates to new eyes

and the same old questions :(
220 GTI M-series J777RAL
75 2.0 CDT P80CJM
620 SLI P267LOM HONDA
420 GSI Turbo L191CVP

TC
Coupe Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:41 pm

I'm still around but only add the odd comment from time to time.
Would like to get more active with my car and the club again. Life at the moment is too hectic and i don't see that changing for a while yet. :(

stew
Regular poster

Post by stew » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:38 pm

I think everyone gets busy from time to time, and yes there is already a huge amount of useful information on here but I see a few possible reasons for the large number of visitors vs. contributors:

- Forums are still a great way to interact with members of something like a car club, but in 2017 we can't ignore the fact that modern social media (e.g. the Rover Coupe Owners Facebook group) also provides another avenue for people to connect which is preferable to some. I think personally the two can complement each other and the most active car clubs will be the ones that engage in both effectively as well as in meets and events in person.

- I don't know the full story so forgive me I wouldn't want to upset anyone but I think there are slight issues with the forum (possibly caused by an update at some point) meaning a few things are missing - some of the links just go back to the index page for example. This sort of thing can be off putting for some I would think and the general 'standard' theme of the forum also can have that effect too. I realise the maintenance of this relies on member(s) helpfully giving their free time etc. so there is only so much can be done for the time and budget they / we have.

- The nature of Coupe values and ownership means we're at a crucial stage where the car is on a tipping point between them being kept as a decent runabout that is ultimately destined for the crusher and a car that people will really care for and preserve (and not change their mind about restoring / selling every few weeks). In time I think more and more true enthusiasts will come forward, and those hanging onto their Coupes that never got round to doing anything with them will hopefully sell them on to someone who will and they benefit by getting a few more quid in their back pocket than they would have got before.

The first two are things that changes could possibly be made to improve on. Perhaps for example not all forum moderators are as active as they were, and some of the more active normal members could get involved, and similarly for those that have the time and skills to contribute to and develop the online presence of the club (website, forum, social media etc.) I've not been around long enough to really do much other than suggest things like this and to say the offer is there to help in any way I can.

The good news is the forum still seems quite active to me and importantly everyone is very welcoming and I do really feel like this could be a great platform to grow the club. Just posting and replying to threads will help to keep things going if nothing else.
Stew

220 Coupe - naturally aspirated

Cambridgeshire

Add
Gravel Trap Queen

Post by Add » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:55 pm

I don't get on very often and only post stupid things.
Half a Turbo Track Toy!!
MG Saloons Winner 'Best Moddified Rover'

droberts
Coupe Veteran

Post by droberts » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:34 pm

Having spent most of my time on the forum some years ago, it was quite a surprise to see how few threads are now being created and commented on. However still nice to see people enjoying the coupe for the great car it is... i guess ill have to join facebook to keep more up to date.

Notably, I'm getting more non rcoc people enthusing about the tomcat at circuits than before... scrutineers, marshals, even m3 teams!

Jinxy
Coupe Super Poster

Post by Jinxy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:35 pm

I'm about, not got much to say lately though (and keep the wisecracks about women and nothing to say to yourselves :P :lol: :-| )

:D
Tracey

1998 218VVC Anthracite
1998 218VVC Platinum Silver "Project MNX" - now broken, some parts available

VVC-Geeza
Coupe Super Poster

Post by VVC-Geeza » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:37 pm

Add wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:55 pm
I don't get on very often and only post stupid things.
At least you post,and it's always pretty helpful ;) If the forum was busier I'm sure you'd look in more often,vicious cirle really :D
droberts wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:34 pm
Having spent most of my time on the forum some years ago, it was quite a surprise to see how few threads are now being created and commented on. However still nice to see people enjoying the coupe for the great car it is... i guess ill have to join facebook to keep more up to date.

Notably, I'm getting more non rcoc people enthusing about the tomcat at circuits than before... scrutineers, marshals, even m3 teams!
All it would take to revitalize the forum Dave would be for people who view a topic to add a comment instead of just reading. Hundreds of views,tens of posts.Nothing new,as I said earier I have made this point several times in the past.

oneoffcoupe
Coupe Super Poster

Post by oneoffcoupe » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:09 pm

I'm still here & always have bin but I'll only contribute to a topic if I can be helpful or have something to say...I won't post just for the sake of it!
Paul

1998 VVC Coupe

HA54SYM
Coupe Super Poster

Post by HA54SYM » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:11 am

I'm still about, but don't post to much not got much going on, but have just put car in for respray before winter build so should be more active again.

Dave
94 Roversport Turbo Tomcat

sworks
Coupe Veteran

Post by sworks » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:19 pm

I'm still here, just. I've noticed a difference on the site from my last coupe a few years ago to this one. As the cars get older the hardcore owners stay but the other owners that buy on impulse move on. The Facebook page seem quite active but most people that use Facebook use it throughout the night so you get all your interests in one place. I'm currently looking for storage for my car, failing that it might have to go....

1234dist
Coupe Super Poster

Post by 1234dist » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:22 pm

220 GTI M-series J777RAL
75 2.0 CDT P80CJM
620 SLI P267LOM HONDA
420 GSI Turbo L191CVP

Phil L
Coupe Lover

Post by Phil L » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:49 pm

I think you get a better calibre of Coupe owner in here than on the FB page...

I have loads of stuff going on that I really should post about but I just haven't had time - the untimely demise of the Silver one, the impulse purchase of the Purple one, the accidental acquisition of a 1959 Elva Courier & whether its restoration will mean I have to flog the green one to help finance it- let's face it, my car life is out of control...

I would post pictures of all this, but I just can't be @rsed to work out how to all over again!

I do find the tech stuff on here invaluable though, so it is probably beholden on us all to use it or lose it I guess, and be eternally grateful to all the mods etc that keep it ticking along.
1998 1.8VVC Rover Coupe Platinum Silver
1997 1.8VVC Rover Coupe British Racing Green
2005 1.6 MGTF Starlight silver
2001 2.2CRD Chrysler PT Cruiser Silver
1992 1.8TD Ford P100 Pick up White/Bird poo/Rust
No more space on the drive...