New neighbours

A general chit chat area. Available to all members. No for sale adverts

Moderator: Moderators

Amsca2

New neighbours

Post by Amsca2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:52 am

I've just had new neighbours move in next door and came home last night from work to find the coupe boxed in on my drive by what I assume is their quashqai. Having not met them yet I'm reluctant to start on the back foot and to be fair the coupe doesn't get used very often but is it not very rude? I went out this morning and managed to turn coupe as the other side of my drive was empty and had an audience at the window of next door but no effort was made to come move the car. I usually box the coupe in myself as we have 3 cars but a double drive. I desperately want to have a good relationship with next door.

What to do? Am I a crabbit old moan or are they ignorant and rude?
98 218 VVC White 139k
03 ZTT CDTI Typhoon 7of9 187k

1234dist
Coupe Super Poster

Re: New neighbours

Post by 1234dist » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:48 am

let them know ASAP, nip it in the bud before parking wars begins.
Coupe Project K785OAT
Rover Sport 220GTI m-series K56AEP
218 VVC Cabriolet R220OVR
220 GTI M-series J777RAL
75 2.0 CDT P80CJM
620 SLI P267LOM HONDA
420 GSI Turbo L191CVP

stew
Website Administrator
Website Administrator

Post by stew » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:41 am

Yes I would say just go over and say Hi and politely ask if they would mind not parking in front of your car as you need access to be able to get it in and out. I think that's better than not addressing the issue early on, as long as everyone knows the situation with parking and who should park where then it saves a long running dispute once someone gets used to parking somewhere they shouldn't.

It has to be the number one cause of issues between neighbours and can get nasty quickly.
Stew

220 Coupe - naturally aspirated

Cambridgeshire

kevinwillis
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

Post by kevinwillis » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:17 am

Nip it in the bud if you can.

The only parking issue with neighbour I have had was when I was visiting my girlfriend ( now long term wife) back in 1995.

Never her or her neighbour had a car and the was two unnumbered parking bays next to the 2 flats. I had parked my then just over one year old 220 rover couple in whatever one I chose a couple off times without anything being said and then one afternoon all hell broke looses.

As soon as I got out off the car and locked it both off her neighbours appeared and starting shouting at me for apparently no reason. Their aggression was initially aimed at me and before the was a chance to offer to move the car their aggression turned onto my nearly new coupe :o

They started hitting my coupe so some fast action was needed. before they got to interested in my coupe a managed to turn their attention back to me and moved away from the coupe and towards hazels ground floor flat door they followed. My plan worked some might say a little to well and concerned for my and more so Hazels safety it was time to close the door. the was met with some resistance but finally achieved

The front door of her council flat was now the object off the aggression and sustanded a number off blows before a lower quarter pane off glass gave way to a foot.

Time to call the police. after what seemed ages and was probable more than 30 minutes not 2 but 4 Police officers arrives in two or three car, (the police station was 5 minutes drive away without blues and two,s ? putting your foot down!). We where latter told the delay in assistance arriving was do to the fact that both off the neighbours had previous one for GBH and one was a pedo.

TIME TO MOVE!

Nipe it in the bud Colin.

conductorwomble

Post by conductorwomble » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:45 am

I agree. Introduce yourself and when you've finished, mention the parking issue as though it's almost an afterthought, rather than it being the main reason for talking to them!

1998 1.8 VVC - Tahiti Blue/Red Piccadilly & Leather
1998 1.8 VVC - Nightfire Red/Red Piccadilly and Leather
2004 Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT - Firefrost (Ex Rover Press Demonstrator)

1234dist
Coupe Super Poster

Post by 1234dist » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:45 am

sod diplomacy, back before having the driveway i have now i was more like

Coupe Project K785OAT
Rover Sport 220GTI m-series K56AEP
218 VVC Cabriolet R220OVR
220 GTI M-series J777RAL
75 2.0 CDT P80CJM
620 SLI P267LOM HONDA
420 GSI Turbo L191CVP

wazz
Coupe Addict

Post by wazz » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:10 pm

I think its up to the person who has moved in to make the effort to knock on the door and say hi, iv just moved and went round with the trouble and strife and said hello, it went down very well and we chat over the hedge now so its a good start.

oneoffcoupe

Post by oneoffcoupe » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:25 pm

Bloody rude & ignorant!

Is it ur land or a shared drive?!

As wazz said, it wouldn't have took much for them to introduce themselves before blocking u in & could have at least come out & offered to move their car if they could see u were struggling!

If u haven't already, have a word with em sooner rather than later!
Paul

1998 VVC Coupe

Amsca2

Post by Amsca2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:40 am

Progress. I stewed after i posted the other day and then had enough so I went to the door. No answer. As I was walking away I noticed a woman in the kitchen so went back to the door and rapped loader. Still no answer. By now I could feel the frustration building so I went back to my living room and made a polite note and placed under the cars wipers. I left for work. When the wife returned the note was gone but the car was not then a few hours later it was moved up so not blocking the drive and now in front of their property. I've still not even seen the new neighbours let Lone been able to chat to them. on the plus side though they don't seem to be noisy which was our problem with the last people. I remain open minded that either they thought the coupe was off road or the local old dear busy body possibly told them it would be ok. Cause otherwise I have ignorant new neighbours.
98 218 VVC White 139k

oneoffcoupe

Post by oneoffcoupe » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:32 pm

Oh, so they weren't actually parked on ur drive, I took it as they were!

They were parked on the road but blocking ur driveway?! Still ignorant cos anyone with half a brain knows u don't block lowered kerbs or driveway's!

Probably Eastern European & there's no excuse for rudeness like that! Ignoring u like that when she must have clearly heard u is just rude, either that or she's totally deaf!

At least they're not noisy, that is a bonus!
Paul

1998 VVC Coupe

Monster Hunter
Ultimate Post Whore

Post by Monster Hunter » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:46 pm

PAINT STRIPPER!!!!!!!!!!!
B S L F
2007 RINGER/Cadwell/Donnington/silverstone/
10k Poster....

Amsca2

Post by Amsca2 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:49 pm

They better not. Someone scratched the typhoons bonnet yesterday but pretty sure it wasn't whilst at home.
98 218 VVC White 139k

Ravinder
Coupe Super Poster

Post by Ravinder » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:10 pm

Stop casing trouble in the neighbourhood, Colin. Let's just hope my 75 is safe..... :o :? :cry:
Wanted - Indian bride. Cash waiting.

Amsca2

Post by Amsca2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:15 pm

That old shed. She's fine! :P
98 218 VVC White 139k