WANTED COUPE

CARS ONLY
To sell a car in this section you must either be a full member, or have at least 25 posts and be a member of the 'Private Traders' group. To join, follow the Usergroups link from within your User Control Panel.

Moderator: Moderators

Monster Hunter
Ultimate Post Whore
Location: Birmingham,Pyongyang, tehran or at work or on Holiday....OR AT WORK WORK

WANTED COUPE

Post by Monster Hunter »

HI ,
Any wrecks going cheap looking for one to cut up, I'm after all panels, rear quarters, floor, arches, sills etc..
H
B S L F
2007 RINGER/Cadwell/Donnington/silverstone/
15k Poster....
One Coupe.
One focus
Bit part Frankestein Rover sport racer... sold.

kevinwillis
Club Chairman
Club Chairman

Re: WANTED COUPE

Post by kevinwillis »

I have already sacrificed one and the is a second one in my green house that is intended to be Secondly dismantled by drilling out all the pop rivets when help is available to compliment the first. These are both rust free car with damage that meant they cannot be easily put back on the Road.

I am not sure chopping up another rusty car to copy the panels that have rusted away will really help and is necessary. If a car is already in the scape yard then save anything that can be off use but buying a car that has all the panels that need to be copied and are worth cutting out is probable cutting up a car the could go back on the road.

Davva
Former RCOC Staff

Post by Davva »

Not wishing to upset anyone by raising the 'Breaking good cars' arguement, but you have the monopoly of Coupes at the moment Kev that *may* never see the road again, so why not break a car and let H have the parts, then when the parts are available, get the broken car repaired using nice new panels. For most of us, we only have one Coupe, maybe 2, so don't have the luxury of a fleet to choose from or the space to keep a shell on stands for the time required for the project to deliver.

This will benefit you as well, as with new panels you'll gain a solid shell, that with a fix it day (or 2) should get the mechanicals sorted and then just needs paint, leaving you a fairly rust free example to either drive or sell on.

Seems a win - win to me, H gets his panels, an unwanted Coupe on Ebay gets saved from being broken and you get a Coupe back on the road.
Dave

1993 220 NASP
1972 MG Midget
1960 Triumph Tiger Cub T20 SL

kevinwillis
Club Chairman
Club Chairman

Post by kevinwillis »

Well as long as it was drilling out spot welds rather than a 9 inch angle grinder being used I would probable be happy with that.

Monster Hunter
Ultimate Post Whore
Location: Birmingham,Pyongyang, tehran or at work or on Holiday....OR AT WORK WORK

Post by Monster Hunter »

FYI Davva,
I have a brand new rear 1/4 now O/S/R, I also have two of your repair panels,I only now need and or N/S/R 1/4 these will go to my fabricator who will comepare the quality of new V copy and the price up every part/section /Panel we will need, I will probably buy in sets of ten for starters, the panels will not be damaged or even marked.. in a nut shell....
H
B S L F
15k Poster....
One Coupe.
One focus

Tom on the ropes

Post by Tom on the ropes »

Got a yellow one if interested H ?
Tom

Monster Hunter
Ultimate Post Whore

Post by Monster Hunter »

Could not possible cut holes in that one..
H
B S L F
15k Poster....
One Coupe.
One focus

Tom on the ropes

Post by Tom on the ropes »

I just read the title not the small print 😉
Tom